Modern Slavery Policy
1. M4 Recruitment is committed to eliminating modern slavery, human trafficking, forced labour, and similar human rights abuses.
2. M4 Recruitment is committed to ensuring that its staff and any workers it supplies (directly or indirectly) are not subject to behaviour or threats that may amount to modern slavery, human trafficking, forced labour, and similar human rights abuses.
3. M4 Recruitment provides appropriate training and awareness information for all of its staff. In particular:
Our Senior Managers receive detailed training in identifying and resolving concerns around modern slavery and human trafficking.
Our recruiters, HR personnel, and/or staff involved in our procurement and supply chains undertake training courses that include guidance around modern slavery and human trafficking, as well as other wider human rights issues.
All of our staff receive awareness-raising information around issues involving modern slavery and human trafficking, so that they can bring any concerns they have to the attention of management.
4. Any staff, workers or other parties are strongly encouraged to report any concerns or suspicions that they might have to the Commercial Director.
5. The cost of recruitment is a business cost and that no fee or cost for recruitment will be charged to workers, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part.
6. Reports surrounding these issues are taken extremely seriously by our Directors, who are committed to ensuring that all investigations shall be prompt and effective. If our investigations reveal any issues, we are committed to taking appropriate action, including but not limited to:
Removing that organisation from our preferred supplier list,
Passing details to appropriate law enforcement bodies.
7. We regularly monitor our risks in this area through the use of relevant key performance indicators, including:
The percentage of suppliers who sign up to an appropriate code / provide their own modern slavery statements,
The amount of time spent on audits, re-audits, spot checks, and related due diligence, and
The level of modern slavery training and awareness amongst our staff.
8. As part of our efforts in this area, we publish a modern slavery statement on an annual basis.
9. We would also recommend reading this in conjunction with our other policies, including our:
Corporate responsibility policy,
Ethical trading policy,
Anti-bribery / corruption policy, and
This policy was adopted on 1st June 2016 after being agreed by our board of directors. It is reviewed annually.</p>